PSA: WE NEED TO GET IT TOGETHER AMERICA!


What kind of state are we in right now America?? I just saw the video from the beating of Derrion Albert, I'm speechless. I am so overwhelmed with emotions right now as I write this. I usually don't touch issues such as this on my blog because of the nature of it, being that it doesn't pertain to my site description. However, while thinking about this tragedy, it came to my attention that it does fit my description. I am a lifestyle blogger, that particular incident is not of my lifestyle but it is of many Americans. So, it NEEDS to be addressed. I can't express how much that this has touched me. One of the things I have always done was tried to mentor someone who is younger than me. I worked for Americorp and I also helped bridge a partnership with Bronx Alumni and the Big Brother/Big Sister program for my fraternity, Kappa Alpha Psi. With all that said, we NEED more positive role models. I have stopped watching the news cause I hate to hear about death all the time.

We (Americans) need to stop letting society raise our children! There was a time when a neighbor could reprimand the children on the street. Not anymore, they probably would get shot..Horrible! We as a nation need to get it together! This is NOT a Black or White issue. LETS GET IT TOGETHER, PLEASE!! A Town Hall meeting needs to be set STAT, this needs to be addressed and President Obama needs to be right on it, being that he is from Chicago.

My deepest condolences goes out to the Albert family.

RIP Young Man....
-Phaon Spurlock, The Southern Gentleman

0 Comments Leave A Comment:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

LuxuriousPROTOTYPE

LuxuriousPROTOTYPE.com is a lifestyle blog whose mission is to bring you the latest in fashion,music, videos, art, events and whats hot and whats not. LuxuriousPROTOTYPE.com Clubhouse is a place where people gather and talk about current topics. Everyone that visit LuxuriousPROTOTYPE is a member of the clubhouse. Stay Tuned for Updates! "The Model Image for a Luxurious Life"

About Me

Phaon Spurlock is a native of Louisiana, Media & Marketing Professional, Owner of Prototype Solutions LLC, NUPE and last but not least a True Southern Gentleman! He lives in a world of polos, Nantucket Reds, Ribbon Belts and Bucks but also enjoys a good Sneaker, Tee and Fitted. The TRUE Southern Gentleman is able to mix and match different trends while still looking like a gentleman. Stick with me, I'll take you places. Welcome to my World! Phaon@LuxuriousPROTOTYPE.com LETS GEAUX!

LuxuriousPROTOTYPE Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon Customized by Prototype Solutions