Restaurant Review: Chez Lucienne (Harlem).


Bonjour, on Tuesday October 20, 2009 I had the pleasure of being invited to a tasting at a French Bistro by the name of Chez Lucienne in Harlem, NY. I am no stranger to French restaurants being that I am from Louisiana. I was ready to critique. For the evening I was in the company of a group of hand selected bloggers that all reside in New York City.

Upon entering the dimly lit restaurant I was impressed. The decor was very authentic to its French character. Time for the food!

Appetizer: I had the Saumon Fume Fait Maison (Smoked Salmon with a Vodka cream). Let me just say it was like a party in my mouth.
Entree: I had the Hamburger Chez Lucienne (Kobe beef topped with mushrooms and brie, served with homemade fries). I ordered my beef well-done however the beef was so tender! The brie was a great compliment to the "burger" which wasn't your typical burger because it had no bun. Nonetheless it was terrific! Not to mention the fries were so light. I didn't feel as if I was eating the greasy fries you may find at many fast food restaurants.

Desert: I had the Tarte Tatin et Crème Fraiche (Warm apple tart with cream fraiche). I must say when I received this dish it wasn't what I though it would be, but after tasting the apple tart I fell in love. Unlike a apple pie where it's sweetened this apple tart remained true to its apple flavor. This is a great alternative to my favorite desert, which is apple pie.

In part I must say that chef, Thomas Obaton did a wonderful job on presentation of the food as well as taste. Also, the wait staff was very courteous and polite. I had a great time mingling with my fellow bloggers and partaking in great food. Make sure you check out Chez Lucienne!

Chez Lucienne
308 Lenox Avenue
New York, NY 10027
212-289-5555


-Phaon Spurlock, The Southern Gentleman

1 Comments Leave A Comment:

p0ps on October 23, 2009 at 7:55 AM said...

Pleasure to meet you, Phaon, and the other bloggers at this cozy bistro. It was a great night of multi-threaded conversation that linger in my memory with the delightful tastes.

I'll be dining there again very soon, I want to bring my wife to Chez Lucienne and I've got some shopping to do on 125th.

I'll keep in touch with you through this blog and hope that we meet up again.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

LuxuriousPROTOTYPE

LuxuriousPROTOTYPE.com is a lifestyle blog whose mission is to bring you the latest in fashion,music, videos, art, events and whats hot and whats not. LuxuriousPROTOTYPE.com Clubhouse is a place where people gather and talk about current topics. Everyone that visit LuxuriousPROTOTYPE is a member of the clubhouse. Stay Tuned for Updates! "The Model Image for a Luxurious Life"

About Me

Phaon Spurlock is a native of Louisiana, Media & Marketing Professional, Owner of Prototype Solutions LLC, NUPE and last but not least a True Southern Gentleman! He lives in a world of polos, Nantucket Reds, Ribbon Belts and Bucks but also enjoys a good Sneaker, Tee and Fitted. The TRUE Southern Gentleman is able to mix and match different trends while still looking like a gentleman. Stick with me, I'll take you places. Welcome to my World! Phaon@LuxuriousPROTOTYPE.com LETS GEAUX!

LuxuriousPROTOTYPE Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon Customized by Prototype Solutions