What is a 'Prep Neck'?


While I was perusing my favorite blogs I ran past this term "Prep Neck" on SocialPrimer.com. I was totally intrigued, me being from the south. After reading the article I can honestly say that I have several friends from back at home in Louisiana who fit the bill. I find it hilarious!  Read below.



SocialPrimer.com loves a new word and there is a word that’s been tickling around down South lately and — stop me if you’ve heard this already — I can’t get enough of it. Prep Neck. The first time I heard this little bon mot I was at the home of old family friends in Charleston while engaged in conversation with one of their sons, who happens to attend prep school. I was asking where his little brother had run off to and he replied he was with his friend Langdon.


 SP:          Is that the kid who wears the hunting camo and listens to Hank Williams, Jr. when he’s visiting the house?
J:             Yes, he’s a Prep Neck.
SP:          What, pray tell, is a Prep Neck”
J:             A Prep Neck is a prep school kid that thinks he’s a redneck. They wear hunting camo, listen to country music and chew tobacco. It’s really dumb.
SP:          Dumb?! It’s brilliant.

To read more check out SocialPrimer.com

The camo cap with Lab logo available from Southern Proper.

What Do You Think?

-Phaon Spurlock, The Southern Gentleman

0 Comments Leave A Comment:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

LuxuriousPROTOTYPE

LuxuriousPROTOTYPE.com is a lifestyle blog whose mission is to bring you the latest in fashion,music, videos, art, events and whats hot and whats not. LuxuriousPROTOTYPE.com Clubhouse is a place where people gather and talk about current topics. Everyone that visit LuxuriousPROTOTYPE is a member of the clubhouse. Stay Tuned for Updates! "The Model Image for a Luxurious Life"

About Me

Phaon Spurlock is a native of Louisiana, Media & Marketing Professional, Owner of Prototype Solutions LLC, NUPE and last but not least a True Southern Gentleman! He lives in a world of polos, Nantucket Reds, Ribbon Belts and Bucks but also enjoys a good Sneaker, Tee and Fitted. The TRUE Southern Gentleman is able to mix and match different trends while still looking like a gentleman. Stick with me, I'll take you places. Welcome to my World! Phaon@LuxuriousPROTOTYPE.com LETS GEAUX!

LuxuriousPROTOTYPE Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon Customized by Prototype Solutions