Gents I come to realize that most of us focus all of our attention in the way we look as it relates to our style and appearance but, focus very little on the way we smell. Just as an impressive wardrobe enhances a gentlemen appearance, wearing the right cologne is really the last and best kept secret. In other words wearing the right fragrance can either embellish or minimize your appearance, so it is not to be taken lightly. Statistics shows that when wearing a cologne that complement your body chemistry can often makes a better first impression than a handshake. Here are just a few tips to go by.
- Never purchase a fragrance just because it smells nice on someone else. Body chemistry plays a huge role in how the fragrance smells on YOU.
- Know your skin type-whether it's oily, dry or sensitive. Oily skin responds best to a lighter citrus based fragrance. Dry or sensitive responds best to a more heavier or thicker fragrance with under tones of tobacco and musk.
- Applying cologne directly to your clothes is not necessarily a good idea, as it will not get the chance to interact with your body the way it is supposed to.
- The best spots to apply cologne are the area of your body that produce the most body heat such as: wrists, neck, behind the ear.
- Your cologne should be a mystery the only time it should be reveal is when someone is close to you.
Until next time, keep God first and your appearance second.
What Do You Think?
-Jimmie "Mr.Debonair" Williams